00:00:38  <maclover7>hmm taking a look
00:01:26  * jaywonjoined
00:01:27  <maclover7>maybe this is a sign we should do semi-regular CI runs on the private node repo to avoid this in the future
00:01:36  <maclover7>like a week before sec releases or something like that
00:03:51  * juggernaut451quit (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
00:05:58  <refack>evanlucas: could we have a github token for read repo access?
00:06:15  <refack>I can set it up so you can put it in directly
00:06:47  <evanlucas>can I filter it to a single repo?
00:07:02  <maclover7>FYI all of the node-test-commit subjobs are using https:// for getting the git repo
00:07:03  <refack>Is you know how, sure
00:07:05  <maclover7>updating them now to use ssh
00:07:20  <refack>We can still use https, with a github token
00:07:40  <refack>that will probably will be safer
00:08:04  <maclover7>will it take token to fetch a git repo?
00:08:07  <maclover7>not sure if that's supported
00:08:25  <refack>I'm trying with my own private repo
00:09:26  <evanlucas>wonder if we could use a read only deploy key?
00:09:41  <refack>I think those are ssh
00:09:48  <evanlucas>ah
00:10:00  <refack>I think for https we need user + token
00:10:04  <evanlucas>why is a token needed?
00:10:11  <evanlucas>isn't it just cloning and `make test-ci`?
00:10:20  <maclover7>almost done updating the jobs
00:10:28  <maclover7>evanlucas: can't ssh repo bc it's private
00:10:52  <evanlucas>I'm not following?
00:11:03  <refack>Need to auth to access private repo, so either we use ssh+key with ssh schema or https with user+token\
00:11:04  <maclover7>huh we used to take GIT_ORIGIN_SCHEME as a param and now we don't
00:11:49  <evanlucas>yea, I get that. I'm confused about not being able to use ssh because it's private
00:12:05  <refack>I did not know till now for what it was used for, anyway, seems like using ssh+key always should just work
00:12:21  <refack>we can use ssh+key just need to reconfigure all jobs
00:12:27  <evanlucas>ahhhh gotcha
00:12:32  <evanlucas>sorry, I think that is the piece I was missing
00:12:35  <maclover7>yeah i'm configuring jobs to use ssh
00:12:37  <maclover7>vs http
00:12:42  <maclover7>the http was not working due to auth error
00:14:12  <maclover7>rebuilding the ci job, hopefully should work now?
00:14:28  <evanlucas>yay!
00:14:30  <evanlucas>thanks a bunch yall
00:15:27  <maclover7>some of the subjobs may be failing
00:15:32  <maclover7>but we can at least get a partial read now
00:16:30  <refack>maclover7: you fix the winows sub-sub jobs, I'm doing arm
00:16:42  <maclover7>it was git-rebase i think that just failed
00:16:44  <maclover7>just updated that
00:16:47  <maclover7>refack: ^
00:16:58  <maclover7>canceled job, re-running
00:17:02  <maclover7>https://ci.nodejs.org/job/node-test-commit/19177/
00:17:06  <evanlucas>it looked like it couldn't access the repo
00:18:43  <refack>Gotcha
00:19:22  <maclover7>evanlucas: https://ci.nodejs.org/job/node-test-commit/19177/ is the job that's running now
00:19:25  <refack>looks like 19177 is all there
00:19:32  <maclover7>I'm going to pull the rebase stuff into a parameter for you
00:23:08  <refack>I just installed "Hidden Parameter Plugin" we can set this that way
00:23:45  <maclover7>evanlucas: you can use the PR_BASE_BRANCH parameter now in node-test-pull-request
00:23:51  <maclover7>or, you can choose to not rebase
00:23:55  <maclover7>which'd be even better
00:24:09  <maclover7>since it will avoid all of thatl ogic
00:24:42  <evanlucas>cool thanks
00:25:03  <evanlucas>thanks a bunch
00:25:04  <evanlucas>:]
00:25:41  <maclover7>never a dull moment in the build wg lol
00:26:00  <maclover7>evanlucas: things seem to be okay now (linter passed), but if more issues come up the sec release may have to be pushed back
00:26:22  <maclover7>it's basically just refael, rich and myself that monitor node-build and have infra keys
00:26:27  <maclover7>so can't promise super fast response times
00:26:30  <maclover7>just to frame expectations
00:26:50  <evanlucas>Thanks, hopefully, this works out
00:27:05  <refack>🤷 as John said, some heads ups can help us plan our avalibility...
00:27:35  <evanlucas>Yes, I apologize for not bringing it up sooner. I made some assumptions I shouldn't have :[
00:28:08  <maclover7>it's ok, not a big deal
00:28:28  <maclover7>I may be sending some PRs to the releases docs though
00:28:39  <refack>Also Michael & Rodd should be able to be liaison but I guess they were busy this time.
00:30:06  <refack>I'm happy we were here to help. Especially maclover7 👍 👍
00:30:21  <evanlucas>any chance we could take a look at citgm-smoker?
00:30:27  <evanlucas>seems to have the same problem
00:30:32  <evanlucas>refack Me too!!!!
00:30:47  <refack>I'm on it
00:31:56  <evanlucas>looks like iojs+release also has the same problem
00:32:17  <refack>Smoker running - https://ci.nodejs.org/view/Node.js-citgm/job/citgm-smoker/1453/
00:32:26  <refack>Looking at the realese
00:32:51  <evanlucas>wow thanks
00:33:59  <refack>evanlucas: put `git@github.com:nodejs-private/node-private.git` as the repo in iojs+release
00:34:10  <evanlucas>k
00:35:17  <maclover7>refack: just fyi I'm going to bring this incident up as first item in the wg meeting tomorrow
00:35:35  <evanlucas>iojs+release seems to be working
00:35:37  <evanlucas>https://ci.nodejs.org/view/Node.js-citgm/job/citgm-smoker/1453/nodes=osx1010/console
00:35:43  <evanlucas>that failed though
00:36:17  <refack>`could not lock config file .git/config: No space left on device`
00:36:46  <refack>the osx, but that's a regular thing 😆
00:36:55  <evanlucas>yea, figured
00:37:16  <evanlucas>so question, how do we get yall some more help?
00:37:34  <maclover7>a lot of people are technically part of the wg, but are inactive
00:37:42  <refack>we just had a fairly big recruitment drive, 3-4 new members
00:37:53  <evanlucas>oh nice
00:38:07  <maclover7>yeah we've got our wg meeting tomorrow
00:38:07  <refack>Also generally if we get a heads up we can be available
00:38:14  <maclover7>^
00:38:19  <evanlucas>ah cool
00:38:22  <maclover7>biggest thing is random surprises happening that require attention
00:38:32  <maclover7>I've been trying to coordinate more with myles when releases are happening
00:38:32  <evanlucas>yea that makes sense
00:38:39  <maclover7>so the website can update, and things don't 404
00:38:40  <maclover7>lol
00:39:05  <evanlucas>ah cool. Yea, sorry, I haven't been around much the last few months...
00:39:11  <refack>Yeah IMHO except for releases, everything else can wait 24h
00:39:32  <refack>Hope you are doing other exciting stuff!
00:40:07  <evanlucas>:] I am, just don't get to code as much anymore :[
00:56:56  <evanlucas>it looks like the release-requireio-osx1010-x64-1 isn't picking up any builds
00:58:13  <refack>it is. it just does double work, both the `pkg` and it the one that packs the headers tarball
00:58:20  <evanlucas>ahh gotcha
00:58:31  <refack>https://ci-release.nodejs.org/computer/release-requireio-osx1010-x64-1/builds
01:05:22  <maclover7>refack: evanlucas: https://github.com/nodejs/node/pull/21275
01:06:18  * jaywonquit (Remote host closed the connection)
01:06:56  * jaywonjoined
01:06:59  <refack>https://usercontent.irccloud-cdn.com/file/qWH2cBEB/Screenshot_20180611-210634.png
01:07:17  <refack>Tonight we are not alone
01:07:21  <maclover7>lol
01:11:17  * jaywonquit (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
01:20:13  * gabrielschulhofjoined
01:20:30  <evanlucas>it looks like pi1-docker is failing in ci-release (https://ci-release.nodejs.org/job/iojs+release/3476/nodes=pi1-docker/console)
01:20:45  <refack>checking
01:21:05  <evanlucas>thanks
01:21:09  <evanlucas>and sorry...
01:27:07  <refack>NP, I'm here
01:28:15  <refack>git was really confused why it didn't have any 10.x branches anymore...
01:28:15  <refack>I cleared the workspace so you can restart
01:28:28  <evanlucas>ah thanks
01:37:53  * jaywonjoined
01:43:08  * jaywonquit (Ping timeout: 276 seconds)
01:50:20  * jaywonjoined
02:11:27  * gabrielschulhofquit (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
02:20:15  * jaywonquit (Remote host closed the connection)
02:20:48  * gabrielschulhofjoined
02:20:50  * jaywonjoined
02:22:02  * jaywonquit (Remote host closed the connection)
02:22:16  * jaywonjoined
02:50:00  * gabrielschulhofquit (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
03:02:03  <rvagg>sounds like an eventful day, lemme know if there's any cleanup or other tasks I need to take care of
03:21:36  * jaywonquit (Remote host closed the connection)
03:22:11  * jaywonjoined
03:26:51  * jaywonquit (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
04:01:45  * jaywonjoined
04:01:46  * jaywonquit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
04:01:53  * jaywonjoined
06:18:31  * seishunjoined
06:30:53  * BridgeAR1joined
07:16:05  * seishunquit (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
07:50:17  * BridgeAR1quit (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
07:58:54  * sgimenojoined
08:02:15  * jaywonquit (Remote host closed the connection)
08:02:42  * jaywonjoined
08:06:51  * jaywonquit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
08:11:08  * BridgeAR1joined
08:39:29  * BridgeAR1quit (Ping timeout: 248 seconds)
08:41:16  * jaywonjoined
08:52:20  * jaywonquit (Remote host closed the connection)
09:13:08  * jaywonjoined
09:14:32  * mylesborinsquit (Ping timeout: 255 seconds)
09:16:14  * mylesborinsjoined
09:18:08  * jaywonquit (Ping timeout: 276 seconds)
09:25:36  * gaetanjoined
09:27:31  <gaetan>hi node builders, someone knows about nwjs compilation if sdk version is necessary?
09:29:49  * BridgeAR1joined
09:51:09  * BridgeAR1quit (Remote host closed the connection)
10:25:09  * mylesborinsquit (Quit: farewell for now)
10:25:39  * mylesborinsjoined
10:35:29  * jaywonjoined
10:40:06  * jaywonquit (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
10:43:15  <evanlucas>morning folks...it looks like pi1-docker is failing again on ci-release. It worked for the v6.x, but not for any of the others
10:44:44  <evanlucas>rvagg are you around by any chance?
10:45:15  <rvagg>evanlucas: indeed I am
10:45:35  <evanlucas>yay!
10:45:44  <evanlucas>is the pi1-docker failure something you are able to take a look at?
10:45:59  <rvagg>Yep, gimme a few minutes and I'll sort it
10:46:08  <evanlucas>thanks a bunch!
10:48:58  <rvagg>hah .. it's not supposed to run for v10+ but the armv6 cross compiler isn't running instead
10:49:02  <rvagg>something's screwey
10:52:02  <rvagg>evanlucas: you can ignore pi1-docker failures on v10+, when you promote, make sure there is an "armv6l" binary in the list, that should be coming out of the cross-compiler which is what we're using for 10+. I'll get this sorted so it doesn't try and run. I see it's even running on master/nightly builds for v11
10:56:32  * node-ghjoined
10:56:33  * node-ghpart
10:58:52  * node-ghjoined
10:58:53  * node-ghpart
11:01:30  <evanlucas>awesome. Thanks! It looks to be working for 8.x now
11:03:15  * targosjoined
11:03:33  * node-ghjoined
11:03:33  * node-ghpart
11:09:14  * node-ghjoined
11:09:14  * node-ghpart
11:11:51  * node-ghjoined
11:11:51  * node-ghpart
11:12:34  * node-ghjoined
11:12:34  * node-ghpart
11:17:26  * node-ghjoined
11:17:26  * node-ghpart
11:33:04  * apapirovskiquit (Quit: Connection closed for inactivity)
11:37:41  * jaywonjoined
11:38:21  * gabrielschulhofjoined
11:42:16  * jaywonquit (Ping timeout: 265 seconds)
11:57:10  * evanlucasquit (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
12:22:40  * gabrielschulhofquit (Ping timeout: 256 seconds)
12:27:39  * BridgeAR1joined
12:34:01  * evanlucasjoined
12:34:41  * jaywonjoined
12:39:37  * jaywonquit (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
13:04:12  * gabrielschulhofjoined
13:04:47  * BridgeAR1quit (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
13:19:10  <lucalanziani>how do feel about using kitchen to test the ansible roles?
13:35:10  <maclover7>lucalanziani: haven't used kitchen before, but if there's not too much overhead, then fine by me
13:37:20  * jaywonjoined
13:41:21  * jaywonquit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
13:46:57  * node-ghjoined
13:46:57  * node-ghpart
14:18:57  * jaywonjoined
14:23:38  * jaywonquit (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
14:24:07  <lucalanziani>maclover7 define too much overhead :D, we'll need to use ruby to install some library and run the test, I'll open a PR and you can tell me what you think
15:52:25  * targosquit (Quit: Connection closed for inactivity)
15:54:54  * gaetanquit (Quit: Leaving)
16:02:31  * seishunjoined
16:09:02  * ryzokuken_quit (Remote host closed the connection)
16:34:15  * ryzokuken_joined
16:39:59  * juggernaut451joined
16:59:57  * node-ghjoined
16:59:57  * node-ghpart
17:01:02  * node-ghjoined
17:01:02  * node-ghpart
17:05:36  <maclover7>lucalanziani: can't promise it'll end up landing, but happy to take a look :)
17:08:17  * juggernaut451quit (Remote host closed the connection)
17:08:42  * gabrielschulhofquit (Ping timeout: 256 seconds)
17:11:15  * gabrielschulhofjoined
17:19:47  * gabrielschulhofquit (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
17:23:36  <lucalanziani>sure
17:28:17  <joyee>GitHub Survived the Biggest DDoS Attack Ever Recorded https://www.wired.com/story/github-ddos-memcached
17:29:24  <joyee>Indeed we were not alone
17:45:31  * node-ghjoined
17:45:31  * node-ghpart
17:45:48  * gabrielschulhofjoined
17:46:16  * jaywonjoined
17:47:10  * jaywonquit (Remote host closed the connection)
17:47:28  * jaywonjoined
17:49:30  * jaywon_joined
17:49:46  * jaywon_quit (Client Quit)
17:52:35  * jaywonquit (Ping timeout: 256 seconds)
17:54:53  * ryzokukenquit (Quit: Ping timeout (120 seconds))
17:55:11  * ryzokukenjoined
17:56:59  * node-ghjoined
17:56:59  * node-ghpart
18:06:32  * jaywonjoined
18:18:40  * jaywonquit (Remote host closed the connection)
18:19:15  * jaywonjoined
18:44:15  * jaywon_joined
18:48:00  * jaywonquit (Ping timeout: 256 seconds)
18:53:28  * BridgeAR1joined
20:00:24  <maclover7>reminder that wg meeting is due to start about now, members can join at https://zoom.us/j/715960833
20:07:48  <lucalanziani>here the dial-in numbers if someone need those https://zoom.us/zoomconference
20:26:44  * amiller-ghjoined
20:27:34  * node-ghjoined
20:27:35  * node-ghpart
20:32:06  * jaywon_quit (Remote host closed the connection)
20:32:48  * jaywonjoined
20:33:47  * dbeveniusjoined
20:37:21  * jaywonquit (Ping timeout: 240 seconds)
20:45:49  * jaywonjoined
20:49:44  * ryzokuken_quit (Write error: Connection reset by peer)
20:59:25  * evanlucasquit (Ping timeout: 245 seconds)
21:08:14  * ryzokuken_joined
21:25:55  * seishunquit (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
21:27:45  * node-ghjoined
21:27:45  * node-ghpart
21:32:29  * jaywonquit (Remote host closed the connection)
21:33:11  * jaywonjoined
21:36:18  <mhdawson_>evan you there ?
21:37:29  * jaywonquit (Ping timeout: 255 seconds)
21:56:28  * evanlucasjoined
22:02:15  <maclover7>evanlucas: is there any update for when the security release will be out
22:02:29  <evanlucas>I am checking the binaries right now and then will promote them
22:04:08  <mhdawson_>even let me know when its complete, so I can submit the PR for the docker images and prep for the announcement
22:04:17  <mhdawson_>sorry even -> Evan
22:04:49  <evanlucas>will do, starting with v6 now
22:09:12  * node-ghjoined
22:09:12  * node-ghpart
22:13:20  <evanlucas>actually, hold up, one of the 8.x binaries is wrong
22:14:45  <evanlucas>going to have to rebuild those binaries
22:16:52  <mhdawson_>Ok, assuming that will take a bit of time, will head home, be back in about 15 mins
22:17:10  <evanlucas>yea
22:17:31  <maclover7>evanlucas: once the release is out, can you ping me here so I can reopen the public CI
22:17:37  <evanlucas>yes, will do
22:17:40  <maclover7>I've got to revert some temp changes I made so the sec release could be tested
22:17:51  <maclover7>thanks
22:17:55  <evanlucas>it will probably be 1.5 hours at least :[
22:17:58  <evanlucas>apologies yall
22:19:07  * node-ghjoined
22:19:07  * node-ghpart
22:20:42  * node-ghjoined
22:20:42  * node-ghpart
22:24:39  * node-ghjoined
22:24:40  * node-ghpart
22:30:58  * jaywonjoined
22:54:53  * node-ghjoined
22:54:53  * node-ghpart
22:58:34  * node-ghjoined
22:58:34  * node-ghpart
23:01:26  * node-ghjoined
23:01:27  * node-ghpart
23:04:41  * node-ghjoined
23:04:42  * node-ghpart
23:05:49  * node-ghjoined
23:05:49  * node-ghpart
23:05:57  * node-ghjoined
23:05:57  * node-ghpart
23:08:59  * amiller-ghquit (Ping timeout: 260 seconds)
23:16:21  * ryzokuken_quit (Read error: Connection reset by peer)
23:34:40  * ryzokuken_joined
23:50:21  <evanlucas>Ok, I'm about to submit the PR for the release notes
23:50:31  <evanlucas>mhdawson_ ^
23:53:50  <mhdawson_>does that mean the binaries are uploaded ?
23:55:01  <evanlucas>yes
23:55:10  <evanlucas>and tags have been pushed
23:55:15  <evanlucas>as well as changelogs, etc